The Sunnyside Historical Society and an ever growing number of community organizations, experts and individuals want one HCD for all West Queen West, Roncesvalles to Bathurst.
Survey finished. Thank you.
On Dec 13, 2016 the Sunnyside Historical Society made a unanimous agreement that, “all of West Queen West from Bathurst to Roncesvalles should be included in a heritage conservation district.”
Notice: On this web site the articles express the opinion of the author. On important issues we take the time to reach a joint opinion and we will say so, as in the statement above.
See Tips on reading PDFs at the end of page.
1. Terry Mills, Architect and Planner wants one large HCD. See in pictures and maps how Ossington was the center of Toronto’s west end transit and early development. He wants one HCD for all WQW.
2. City Planners prepared this report recommending Heritage Designation for the buildings the Drake Hotel now plans to Spoil.
3. Jessica Wilson VP Ossington Community Association prepared this assessment, here of the City’s, 4. West Queen West Study Report – SHS article, here. Jessica wants one HCD for all WQW.
5. Benj Hellie OCA Commented on importance of Ossington. Benj wants one HCD for all WQW.
7. The West Queen West Heritage Conservation District study was written up in the Parkdale Villager a couple of days ago: http://www.insidetoronto.com/
Things to try if PDFs do not display well in your browser.
- If the PDF does not display it may be downloading to your ‘Downloads’ folder. In your Browser, at the top left, look for settings and set it to show the PDF in the same window.
- If the PDF displays, try using the arrows to jump up or down pages easily. If this fails click the full screen button then retry the arrows.